is a large, well respected and trusted online sports betting provider, licensed in multiple African countries and has over 300+ full-time employees working across the world. Our client is proud to support over 1 million active monthly players who appreciate and value our client's focus and mission of making betting friendly.
About the job
We are looking to employ a driven and detail-oriented Chief Business Development Officer to identify business growth opportunities. The Chief business development officer's main responsibilities include identifying new growth opportunities for our Client and in this role the Chief Business Development Officer will be tasked to identify new market entry, licencing acquisitions, and general growth opportunities within Africa.
The Chief Business Development focuses on the development and growth of the business through building relationships in the industry and the market, identifying opportunities, and completing business deals. The Chief Business Development Officer combines strategic thinking and sharp executions coupled with relentless ambition and energy, which will enable the business to reach targets, goals, and attain objectives.
To be successful in this role, we believe that the Chief Business Development Officer is adept at negotiating business deals and able to make sound decisions that will benefit the company. Ultimately, we are looking for an exceptional business development officer with strong business acumen as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills that will take full ownership of our client business development opportunities on a global level and represent the company as the face in the market.
The Chief Business Development Officer is a key role within our Client, reporting directly to the CEO as well as being a key player in the businesses’ management team. The role is both tactical and strategic in nature, and given the rapid expansion of our Client, responsibilities are likely to evolve over time.
We are looking for a high-performing Chief Business Development Officer to help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You will be responsible for maximising our business growth potential and negotiating deals. We are looking for an experienced professional to add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and subsequential outreach and partnership management. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
To help you succeed in this role, you will have full support from the entire organisation ranging from the engineering, product, operations, marketing and finance department where you will be working closely with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
What you’ll do:
The Chief Business Development Officer responsibilities include developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. The Chief Business Development Officer duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships and understanding customer trends. The goal is to promote and expand our Clients commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- 360-degree responsibility for our Clients Commercial strategy in the iGaming vertical, with a specific focus on sports betting and given the rapid growth other regulated verticals are likely to follow
- Defining and executing customer-specific partner solutions across different markets, staying on top of our Clients strategic position
- Define pricing strategy and manage the negotiations to ensure accurate and adequate lead inflow to reach targeted sales objectives
- Responsible for the implementation and achievement of your business area’s mission, goals and financial objectives, including the development of long-term plans and budgets for the team and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate the performance
- Collaborate closely with teams working across the globe in different time zones
- Identify and develop new market opportunities for the company’s product portfolio.
- Serve as a cultural role model and work closely with the CEO in all strategic and business performance-related matters.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our client's customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends
- Developing and sustaining solid relationships with company stakeholders and other key stakeholders.
- Providing insight into product development and competitive positioning.
- Analysing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase company profits.
- Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborating with company executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
- Meeting with potential investors and licence providers to present company offerings and negotiate business deals.
Who you are:
- We are looking for an experienced business leader with entrepreneurial drive, ideally with previous experience within regulated Online Gaming, financial services or the payment industry.
- The ideal candidate balances pragmatism with structure and scalability, ensuring that all processes stand the test of growth and rising volumes.
- Key qualities are integrity, relationship management, analytical skills, leadership and ability to effectively manage projects across the entire organisation.
- The Chief Business Development Officer is comfortable with interfacing with all levels of the organisation, including investors and members of the board, and always feels a strong sense of responsibility managing a business that is constantly growing
What you’ll need:
- Proven sales executive experience within a regulated Financial Services business, the payment industry or the iGaming industry
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- The ability to travel to Africa frequently or as needed.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Fluent in English is required and knowledge of the French language would be considered a plus
What we offer:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Business Development professional who wants to take on a new challenge and work with one of the leading sportsbook operators facing the African market.
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, tech-oriented business
- Encouragement and the full support from the leadership team to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development programme
- Extremely competitive salary and performance-based recognition package
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working
At our Client everything starts with their employees and we are specifically interested in candidates who are: resilient; inquisitive; confident; proactive and have the ability to develop winning cultures.