is a large, well respected and trusted online sports betting provider, licensed in multiple African countries and has over 300+ full-time employees working across the world. Our client is proud to support over 1 million active monthly players who appreciate and value our client's focus and mission of making betting friendly.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and commercial HR Director to partner directly with our client's leadership team and play a pivotal role in key projects that underpin our ongoing journey of business change and transformation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a high performing organisation that is looking to level up their game and where some of your first tasks will be to re-engineer processes to ensure maximum efficiency, formulate career development plans, evaluate training and development programs, analyse the effectiveness of HR operations and policies, procedures and tools. Develop strategic projects relating to employee engagement, reward, organisational change, performance management, talent management and employee relations.
This is a big role suited for a senior HR professional that comes with a high reward. In order to achieve this, we envision that you will be using your exceptional stakeholder management skills, you will drive engagement and influence your key stakeholders and their senior leadership teams to consider the risks and benefits of their decisions in order to find commercially viable and pragmatic solutions for their business.
As the HR Director, you’ll set and be overall responsible for the new HR strategy globally. You’ll work to mitigate risks and handle unique challenges. You’ll drive a best in class employee experience lifecycle while leading a team of HR Partners in geographically dispersed sites. You’ll balance strategic and tactical work when needed, diving deep into risk identification and resolution as well as surfacing those themes to inform and drive the HR Strategy.
The HR Director is responsible for providing HR consultation to one or more global and/or regional teams. This individual drives the implementation of business unit specific HR programs and strategies. Identifies and analyses business and people issues where HR solutions can be leveraged and implemented. Demonstrates credibility by building collaborative relationships with the business unit leadership team(s) and all HR partners and talent specialists.
Finally, the incumbent will also play a critical role as the lead advocate of the new employee engagement projects being rolled out throughout the organisation. This role report to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
Employee Relations – Minimise risk to the organisation by actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and business unit leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
Workforce Planning & Organisational Development – Analyse and provide guidance on the business unit’s current organisational state and future requirements. Craft and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
Recruitment & Retention – Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organisation on all levels
Succession Planning – Design and implement a new best in class annual talent review sessions. Lead business unit talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimise unwanted attrition, particularly in business unit critical roles, speciality skill sets, and in highly competitive critical marketplaces. As well as design and implement performance improvement plans.
Compensation & Benefits – Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with business unit leadership, ensuring the highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Proactively collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrolment processes.
Team Leader – Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top-quality HR talent to ensure the highest levels of performance and productivity. Instil a culture that emphasises collaboration, accountability and transparency among the HR team.
Who you are:
- Trusted HR advisor able to coach senior leaders and their direct reports on leadership effectiveness and performance. Where you effectively use your influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop and engage HR team members and lead teams in a matrix environment.
- Experience with most of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training; talent management and succession planning experience)
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present their point of view in varied business situations
- Aptitude in communicating and confident with public speaking
- Strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues.
- Track record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business.
What you’ll need: Education and previous experience
- Bachelor's Degree required; major in Industrial/Labour Relations, Human Resources Management, psychology, or other related field preferred
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Labour Relations, or Human Resources Management preferred
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent is desired
- Certification like PHR and SPHR is a plus
- Experience implementing innovative people strategies to improve recruitment, retention, mobility and culture.
- Experience in strategic HR leadership in global, multinational companies across distributed sites.
- Proven experience as HR Director or similar seniority
- Knowledge of local and international labour law
- Well-organised with excellent leadership qualities
- Hands-on experience with HR software (HRIS, ATS, Workday, Oracle, Cascade HR)
- Fluent in English is required and knowledge of the French language is desired
- The ability to travel to Africa frequently or as needed
What we offer:
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced HR professional who wants to take on a new challenge and work with one of the leading sportsbook operators facing the African market.
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, tech-oriented business
- Encouragement and the full support from the leadership team to be innovative and challenge the status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development programme
- Extremely competitive salary and performance-based recognition package
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working