is a large, well respected and trusted online sports betting provider, licensed in multiple African countries and has over 300 full-time employees working across the world. Our client is proud to support over 1 million active monthly players who appreciate and value our client's focus and mission of making betting friendly.
We are now searching for an experienced CFO to be responsible for the financial health of the organisation where the new CFO is not only to produce financial reports but also to develop strategies based on financial research.
The Chief Financial Officer will lead our accounting, financial and reporting effort and the selected individual will be an integral part of our C-Level and Senior Management team and will have the opportunity to impact and help shape our business moving forward.
The CFO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyse, strategise, and grow our financial position. This seasoned strategist not only understands current accounting practices and trends but would also ideally have proven experience in M&A and/or listing processes. As a member of our client's senior management team, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO, the Board and members of the senior management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Driving long-term financial planning
- Overseeing taxation issues and managing the audit process
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance related procedures
- Managing contractual compliance, in collaboration with the external legal provider
- Performing risk management by analysing the organisation's liabilities and investments
- Ensuring cash flow is appropriate for the organisation's operations
- Preparing reliable current and forecasting reports
- Assisting in any M&A activity
- Responsible for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, helping to drive the company's financial strategy and hiring needs
- Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organisation
- Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organisation with strong fiscal management, project management, cross-team communications and workflow
- Comply with local and international financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work with the senior management to efficiently develop proposal budgets, provide access to project financial information, and manage contract/grant compliance and reporting
- Research revenue opportunities and economic trends, analyse internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Monitor performance with tracking, establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting, for earnings calls, the management team, and the rest of the company
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service and other relevant regulations
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making.
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives and clients in formal meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience as Head of Finance, CFO or similar, in a fast-growing organisation, preferably in the iGaming or eCommerce industry
- Experience managing a team is a must
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; Master Degree/MBA is a plus
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, investor relations and/or listing procedures
- With professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and high integrity, you have fluency in English and, ideally, in French
- An extremely competitive salary with annual bonuses
- Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Regular internal educational initiatives