is a large, well respected and trusted online sports betting provider, licensed in multiple African countries and has over 300 full-time employees working across the world. Our client is proud to support over 1 million active monthly players who appreciate and value our client's focus and mission of making betting friendly.
This is an inspiring opportunity where we are now searching for an experienced Chief Financial Officer who has a proven track record of taking a company public. In addition to being responsible for the organisation's financial health, the new CFO's main task will be to take this company public through an IPO in the UK.
In this role, the Chief Financial Officer will lead the company's IPO process, be an integral part of our C-Level and Senior Management Team, and have the opportunity to impact and help shape our business moving forward.
The CFO will have a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us analyse, strategise and grow our financial position. This seasoned strategist understands current accounting practices and trends and comes with proven experience in listing and M&A processes in the UK.
As a member of our client's senior management team, he/she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and presentation skills.
We envision that the Chief Financial Officer will be using her exceptional stakeholder management skills, you will drive engagement and influence your key stakeholders and the senior leadership teams to consider the risks and benefits of decisions.
The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of the senior management team with full P&L responsibility and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the board.
Please note that this role is based in London, United Kingdom.
- Take the lead in the company's IPO process
- Assisting and taking a lead role in any M&A activity
- Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting, including taxation issues and managing the audit process
- Managing contractual compliance in collaboration with the external legal provider
- Performing risk management by analysing the organisation's liabilities and investments
- Ensuring cash flow is appropriate for the organisation's operations
- Comply with local and international financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance and taking action
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Take the leading role in the company's IPO process
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service and other relevant regulations
- Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives and clients in formal meetings.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and growth: future investments, M&A, lines of business, etc.
- Previous experience in a leading role taking a company public through an IPO process in the UK is a must
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, investor relations and listing procedures is a must
- Proven experience as Head of Finance, CFO or similar, in a fast-growing organisation in the iGaming, finance or eCommerce industry
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues and tax planning
- Previous experience of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Previous experience as Director of a publicly listed company (London Stock Exchange, AIM) is preferred
- Accounting experience for/within a publicly listed company
- Strategy planning and IR relations experience in a publicly listed company
- Kind, optimistic, curious, empathetic, self-aware, and most importantly, have integrity.
- Technologically proficient with spreadsheets, Google Docs, and project management software.
- An extremely competitive salary with annual bonuses
- Remote working in the UK
- Flexible working hours
- Regular internal educational initiatives