Is a high-quality online lead generation company within the iGaming and Financial services industry with headquarters in Malta and with multiple offices across Europe.
Our client focus on building high-end Casino, Sportsbook and Financial Services websites with quality content that lets customers make an informed decision about the product they are interested in. Our Client currently employs more than 400 talented employees and is listed on Nasdaq, Stockholm.
The main focus of the role is to lead a team of lawyers and to advise and support the business and the General Counsel with expert and strategic advice on legal, capital markets, regulatory, MAR (Market Abuse Regulation), M&A and, as applicable, compliance matters.
As a senior leader within the organisation, you will manage the team performance effectively through the practising of ongoing performance management, including conducting performance reviews and regular 1-1 meetings. We believe that the right candidate will be leading by example by delivering positive results and being a visible ambassador for our Client.
We believe that leadership is a choice and something that each individual within the organisation must demonstrate. As a People Manager, you are expected to lead yourself and others, and to do so effectively. This does not mean that you need to behave in the exact same way as other leaders in the organisation; every leader is unique by personality and style.
What will make you a great People Manager is the ability to apply the skills, behaviours and methods outlined below in the right moment, and understand in which situations that you need to lead, manage or coach.
This role is to be based in Stockholm.
- Advising the Group on questions on regulatory, capital markets, and the MAR (Market Abuse Regulation) related matters
- Manage and execute shareholder meetings for our Client
- Contract interpretation and enforcement (including listing requirements) and corporate policies
- Advising the Group on IP related questions
- Draft, review and enforce contracts. Prepare and improve internal template agreements to streamline the process for concluding contracts within efficient time-frame
- Managing in-house legal projects
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties, such as regulators, external counsels, clients, authorities and similar
- Provide training and support to stakeholders about various legal issues that may be of interest to the business
- Dealing with complex matters that cut across legal and related areas and keep updated of legislative changes
- Manage the preparation, review and revisions of Letters of Intent, Asset Purchase Agreements, Stock Purchase Agreements, Merger Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Investment Agreements and all related ancillary transaction documents, instruments and agreements related to M&A transactions
- Manage the process of gathering and integrating other functional advisors and stakeholder input on deal documentation and regularly participate in and/or, where appropriate, lead the negotiation process
- Manage M&A processes/transactions disciplined, rigour and consistent
- Act as process coordinator for the legal function and, as appropriate, other functions
- Manage transaction signings and closings, as the case may be in collaboration with the rest of the Legal team
- Communicate with external counsel, internal transaction teams, functional transaction team members, and opposing counsel regarding all aspects of M&A transactions, including leadership of transaction processes and execution
- Contribute to and assist with global knowledge management of M&A, including processes, practices and resources
- Master of Laws (LLM) from a European university
- A minimum of 7 years’ of professional working experience, and at least 5 years’ as an in-house counsel
- Experience from working with regulatory questions on the Capital Market
- Extensive knowledge and experience from working with the MAR (Market Abuse Regulation)
- Knowledge of IP law and contract law
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise between them
- Ability to work comfortably in an intense, fast-paced international environment
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues and matters to all levels of an organisation
- Enjoying building relationships, having fun with co-workers and charming business partners
- Strong communication skills
- Cross-border merger & acquisition experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience with M&A client counselling
- Experience with the identification and assessment of M&A transaction risks, and an ability to provide practical, solution-oriented advice to enable proper monitoring, management or mitigation of risks
- Being flexible to travel with short notice
- Experience from tech, iGaming or the financial industry is preferred
- Excellent command of the English language, any other languages would be considered as an asset
If you have any questions regarding the process, please do not hesitate to contact Kim Gehrke at: firstname.lastname@example.org